"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house." Matthew 5:14-15

"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it." Matthew 13:45-46

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Snow

Last night it snowed for the second time in less than a week. I love the beauty of the snowfall, and eagerly await it each year. Today it is very gray/white outside. I know some don't like when it is overcast outside and thrive in the sunshine. I happen to like those dreary days. I guess because they stir in me a desire to be inside, curled up with a hot drink, and reading a good book. Not that I often get to do that, especially at this time of year.

But this past Monday, found me doing that (even though the sun was shining). I had an early out-patient surgery for skin cancer. On the way home, the wound had started to seep a little bit, so my husband and I decided that it would be best if I just laid low for the day, allowing my body time to heal. So I spent most of the day resting, and curled up under blankets with a good book. My dear husband and son did all of the weekly laundry so that I wouldn't have to bend and carry things this week while I have stitches in my face. Yesterday when the bandages came off, I discovered that I have at least ten stitches. I have very little swelling and bruising, so I think it will heal nicely.

As I think about snow and am enjoying the beauty of it, I can't help but be reminded of my sins being washed away by Christ's blood that was shed for me. I now have a pure, white heart, like the snow that I see. I encourage you to remember that this winter, whenever you see the snow falling. Say a prayer of thanksgiving to our Heavenly Father who gave His all, for you.

No comments: