"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house." Matthew 5:14-15

"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it." Matthew 13:45-46

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

When Life Changes in a Moment

"But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me. That is why, for Christ's sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong." 2 Corinthians 12:9-10

When I wrote these words almost two weeks ago I had no idea how much my life was about to change. One minute I was just relaxing as my guys were away for the weekend, and the next I received a phone call that my husband was in the hospital and had fractured his pelvis. It has been a week and a half of hospitals, doctors and a major operation. My husband went from being a very active guy to one that is unable to do much of anything for himself. I have had a crash course in being a nurse. But yet through it all I have felt the Lord's peace and presence. Every time I start to get worried or concerned about the future, God shows me that He is in control and that I can trust Him. There are many things that God has been showing and teaching me through this process. I hope to sometime soon share these, when I can find the energy.

2 comments:

Marilyn in Mississippi said...

Praise the Lord you are home and recouperating now! I have been concerned about ya'll.
I pray the Lord will give your husband rapid healing, and that He will give you the strength and the energy you need to take care of hubby. Remember to try and take a few minutes each day for yourself too!

May God bless you and give you a most blessed Easter weekend!

Marilyn

Anne said...

Prayers continue for all of you! Have a very blessed Easter!!
Anne