"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house." Matthew 5:14-15

"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it." Matthew 13:45-46

Sunday, April 26, 2009

Strength for Each Day

I have blogged recently about the ski accident that my husband experienced on March 28th. He continues to struggle with health issues related to it as well as surgery too. Our lives look totally different than they did a month ago. Our calendar was often filled with activities, meetings, etc. Lately our biggest excitement is when we have a doctor appointment to go to.

My days pass and seem to blur together. I don't have much accomplished by the end of the day, other than the fact that I have taken care of my husband's needs. But God amazes me that even in the midst of difficult times and days where I have little sleep, He provides the strength I need for each moment and each day. Psalm 29:11 says, "The LORD gives strength to his people; the LORD blesses his people with peace."

I can attest to this verse every day in my life this past month. Even with uncertainty ahead of us in that within a couple days we will have used up all of our leave, and it will still be quite sometime before my husband is strong enough to return to work. Even in the midst of storms we have felt the Lord's peace that only He can provide.

What are you facing today that you need the Lord's strength? Call out to Him and He will answer you!

1 comment:

Marilyn in Mississippi said...

It must make God smile to look down and see you doing so much for you family and having such a sweet attitude while you do it!

I pray your husband will heal quickly and that he will not be permanently damaged!

God bless you!
Marilyn