"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house." Matthew 5:14-15

"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it." Matthew 13:45-46

Wednesday, April 29, 2009

The Beauty of Spring




We have had extremely warm temperatures the past week, which is unusual for this time of year. The temperatures have been in the upper 80's and even low 90's. Due to the warm blast of air our cherry tree has blossomed early. This is the sight that I eagerly await each Spring. For a couple weeks it had been tight buds, but then within a couple days they all have burst open into beautiful flowers.

When I saw the sight I had to share it with my sweet husband. Our boys were gone for the day on a field trip to the aquarium, so I called my husband to come outside for a few minutes so he could enjoy the sight as well. The walk outside wore him out, but I'm sure it did him good to get some fresh air.

Even though things have been incredibly hard this past month, and will continue to be for quite some time, this tree helps to remind me of God's faithfulness. Just as He causes the seasons to faithfully change, I know I can rely upon Him for strength to be with me through all things. I know that on the difficult path we are on right now, He is walking beside us. I don't know what I would do without Him.

1 comment:

Marilyn in Mississippi said...

Praying that your husband's health will soon blossom just a nicely as the beautiful cherry trees in your yard. Nice pictures!

Marilyn