"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house." Matthew 5:14-15

"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it." Matthew 13:45-46

Saturday, January 31, 2009

A Quiet Day

It's Saturday and I actually have some time alone. This is a rare occasion for me. My guys are off at a Senior High Retreat for the weekend and my husband is gone for the afternoon officiating a high school swim meet. I find myself with time on my hands. I just finished writing my article that is due for my column in Home School Enrichment magazine. I need to do some homeschool planning for the week ahead as well as get caught up with corrections as well. There also is the house that needs some attention since we are to have company over tomorrow evening.

But even though there are a lot of things to do and many things that demand my attention, I want to be sure and enjoy the time of quiet as well. Often my life is so full that I don't take time to enjoy the quiet and to thank God for His presence. Perhaps I need to be more intentional of stilling my heart each day so I can bask in the Lord's presence. When was the last time you basked?

1 comment:

Marilyn in Mississippi said...

I am so bad about not really "basking" in the Lord! I mean, even when I do have a quiet time I have problems with letting my mind go to all the things I "need" to be doing instead of really enjoying the quiet time!
I will try and do better! :)

God bless,
Marilyn