"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house." Matthew 5:14-15

"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it." Matthew 13:45-46

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Faith

It's been a fairly quiet week in our household. The Northeast got hit with snow and ice the past couple days, which meant a couple days of our swim schedule for our boys. It was nice to be home in the afternoons and evening with no swim practices or meets to hurry off to. Today we are back on schedule again, so I'll soon be leaving for an away swim meet.

I worked on my Bible study lesson this morning for the Proverbs 31 study that I will be teaching tomorrow afternoon. This lesson covered being wise and also managing our homes. It was a good reminder to me of where my heart needs to be focused.

I especially needed that reminder after it was announced last evening on the news that there is the potential for state employees to be laid off. My husband happens to be a state employee and we won't know until next Wednesday whether or not this will affect us as well. Now is the time when I need to practice my faith that God knows the future and I can trust Him with it. He knows whether or not my husband will be losing his job.

I must admit that in the current economic times it is easy to be tossed and swayed by the winds. But God calls us to remain steadfast in our faith. At times I do get nervous. Later this summer my husband and youngest son are planning on going on a missions trip to China for sixteen days. I have no idea how the money will come in for that, but yet they both feel called to go. I guess in all the circumstances that we face we need to just sigh, lift up our hands to God and say, "It's yours Lord, help me with my unbelief. Help me to have faith and trust in you even when I can't see the answers."

Is there something that you need to place in your Daddy's hands and trust Him with? Will you have the faith to do that?

No comments: