"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house." Matthew 5:14-15

"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it." Matthew 13:45-46

Monday, January 12, 2009

Poems

I have assigned both of my boys to be keeping journals as we started out this semester. I thought I would share a poem that my youngest son wrote last week.

Rain comes down in torrents today
The wind blows hard and makes the trees sway.

The temperature drops as rain turns to ice,
Yet in my opinion snow would be nice.

Rain comes down and covers the ground
And makes a wonderful sight all around.

No comments: