"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house." Matthew 5:14-15

"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it." Matthew 13:45-46

Sunday, February 8, 2009

The Promise of Spring

Today is a beautiful day in Pennsylvania. The ground had been covered with snow and ice but the past couple days have been incredibly warm - in the 50's, which is warm for this time of year. The snow is mostly melted. My husband and I just got back from a walk around our neighborhood. Earlier today we noticed there were buds starting to form on the trees and my snowdrop flowers are already about an inch above the ground and will soon be blooming.

I still would like to have at least one more snowfall - of at least 8-12 inches of snow, but for today I am enjoying the early Spring feel to the air. I know it will get cold again.

As we walked, I thought about the promises we have from the Lord. He continues to make the seasons come about. He is reliable and we can always count on him no matter what we face in our life each day. He will never fail us and He promises to always be with us. I don't know about you, but that gives me assurance.

1 comment:

Marilyn in Mississippi said...

"He is reliable and we can always count on him no matter what we face in our life each day."

What a great promise to start my day off today!

Marilyn