"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house." Matthew 5:14-15

"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it." Matthew 13:45-46

Monday, January 5, 2009

Back to a Schedule

The past couple weeks have found us all at home enjoying each others company. Even though our days were hectic at times, we did manage to find time to just hang out together. We watched movies, played games, relaxed, and did a little work on college prep for my oldest son. But today is the first day back to reality. My husband headed back to work early this morning and my sons and I will soon be starting school work.

It looks to be a busy week with swim practices, swim meet, meetings, church, school, physical therapy, doctor appointments, etc. It's easy to look at the entire week and become overwhelmed by all that needs to be accomplished. But I pray that I will keep in mind the following verses from Psalm 17:5-6.

"My steps have held to your paths;
my feet have not slipped.

I call on you, O God, for you will answer me;
give ear to me and hear my prayer."

May each step I take be on God's path.



No comments: