"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house." Matthew 5:14-15

"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it." Matthew 13:45-46

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Surrender

I realize it has been a little while since I last posted. Thank you to all that made a comment and encouraged me. I really appreciate it. I finally got to the point last week where I surrendered it all to God. My struggles with friendships and confidence of who I am. I laid it at Jesus' feet and asked Him to bear it. I desire for Him to give me confidence in knowing that I am a child of God. I also prayed through it this weekend as we were away in VA and I was suffering with some type of cold or something.

I pray that I will be able to surrender each area of my life to God. To trust and know that He can provide what I need and that often I just need to wait on His timing. He is my hope and my salvation. Do you have an area that you need to surrender to God?

1 comment:

Marilyn in Mississippi said...

"Pearls",
I don't think you even realize what a big blessing you are to the women who read your blog! You are who you are and what you are for the glory of God. I'm glad that you got some things settled last week. I go through times when I feel the same way....that I don't connect or that I am all alone...but I think that sometimes God can use us more...possibly...when we are alone and can focus on Him only instead of all of our friends. Friends are good...not saying we should be hermits...but there are seasons in our life when we are more alone than at other times.

God bless you Friend!

Marilyn in MS