"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house." Matthew 5:14-15

"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it." Matthew 13:45-46

Monday, July 21, 2008

Catching Up

Well this month seems to be flying by for me. I can hardly believe that we are in our last full week of July. I am pleased that I have gotten a lot accomplished with the house, but it isn't to the 'pretty' stage yet. I still am in the midst of going through drawers, cupboards to sort and get rid of things we no longer need. I have a pile in my entrance hall that is waiting to be taken to the local thrift store to be donated.

I feel that I am progressing nicely, even though it has been slow and tedious. I will not have the entire house gone through over the next two weeks, but my goal is to get the upstairs taken care of and then focus on the basement area throughout the school year.

It was nice to spend some time with my 'guys' this past weekend. My youngest son and husband arrived home late Friday evening from their week of serving the local community. I picked up my oldest son from camp on Thursday evening. We all enjoyed being home together for the weekend, even though it was far too short. Before we knew it, it was time to drive 40 minutes to drop our sons off at camp again. Only two weeks to go before they will be finished for the summer. We then will have one week free before starting up our home school year again.

Last night my husband and I watched on video, Disney's College Road Trip. It was funny, but I couldn't help thinking about how I will be in a year from now when we drive down to Florida to drop my oldest son off at college. That is going to be very difficult.

Thanks for your continued prayer for my husband. We feel that God is clearly leading us to seek out some new areas. It will be a growing and learning process for both of us, I am sure. I do not know how much I will be able to write over the next two weeks since I am on a mission to get the house completed by then. I find that my energy disappears faster than I would like. Does that mean I'm getting older?! :)

My prayer for you dear reader is that you will seek God with your entire heart for all areas of your life. True joy can only be found in HIM.

Blessings,
Pearls

1 comment:

Marilyn in Mississippi said...

Oh, 'Pearls'....I have so much admiration for you staying by the stuff and getting your house organized! I don't know what happened to me! I worked really hard for a little while and then other things had to be done and schedules rearranged....you know how it goes....and I have am almost back to square one. Not quite but close!
I really need to get a lot done this week as we are planning to have a fish fry at our house Saturday evening and invite some friends that have never been to our house before.
Pray that I'll somehow get some energy and get a lot done between now and then!

Thanks for letting us know about your progress! Way to go girl.

Marilyn in MS