"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house." Matthew 5:14-15

"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it." Matthew 13:45-46

Saturday, March 1, 2008

Catching Up with Life

Here it is Saturday already. The week has been a blur with two funerals as well as the busyness of life - taking my son to swim practices, work, college classes, etc. I also had Ladies Bible study, a P31 Gather & Grow group as well as a District swim meet for my oldest son yesterday and today. I get tired just thinking about it.

In a few days we will be leaving and driving 15 1/2 hours for a college visit to Pensacola Christian College for my 11th grade son. We then will travel to the Orlando area for about a week to just relax as a family. We have been blessed in that God provided a time share for us, free of charge. Our only expenses will be for gas and the housing for the couple days we spend at the college. We plan to take most of our food with us, and purchase very little in Florida. We have not taken a vacation for a couple years, so it will be nice to have a break.

Now I'm in the midst of list making - trying to remember all that needs done before we leave, all that needs to be packed, as well as figuring out a menu while we are in Florida so I know what food to purchase before we go. Also while we are gone my oldest son will be turning seventeen. So I have to figure out how we will make the day special for him. We will no sooner return from Florida and then my husband will have his birthday as well.

I don't have anything really spiritual to share right now. I am weary, but rest in the fact that God gives me what I need for each day. I just need to go to Him for daily strength. I could use some right now. :)

2 comments:

MelissaTaylor.org said...

You are so right! Jesus Himself said in Matthew 11:28

28"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest."

Everything will get done. This is a big trip,I can only imagine all you have to do.

I'm praying for you as you check those "to-do's" off of your list!
Love,
Melissa

***I emailed you from the office the other day and I didn't even know it was you until Wendy Pope mentioned it today. I said is that "Pearls"? :) and it was. God Bless you sweetie! You'll get it all done.

Sisterlisa said...

A visit to Pensacola sounds wonderful. I have a friend whose daughter is attending there and she loves it.