"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house." Matthew 5:14-15

"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it." Matthew 13:45-46

Monday, March 17, 2008

Seventeen Years of Motherhood


I had wanted to post this on March 13th, but we were in Florida and I was unable to have web access, so here it is a few days later.

It seems hard to believe that it has been seventeen years since I became a mother. I still marvel when I look at my two sons and wonder where the time has gone.

This photo was taken while we were on our vacation to Florida, just days ago. While we were there we were checking out a potential college for my son. I realize I only have a little over a year and he will be off to college already. I pray that I will continue to be faithful in my calling to motherhood and not grow weary in the home stretch.

1 comment:

Anne said...

Happy birthday, Joshua! And Jodie, I am going on 18th years, tomorrow, of motherhood. Boy that time goes by fast! Next year will go even faster.

Many blessings to Joshua on his birthday. May God guide him in his steps.

Anne