"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house." Matthew 5:14-15

"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it." Matthew 13:45-46

Monday, December 3, 2007

Lift Me Up Lord

Lift me up Lord
When I feel I can't go on.
I feel bruised and battered
By the storms that come along.

I need your touch Lord
Lift me up so I can see your face.
Though the storms continue to blow
Help me feel your peace in their midst.

I want to be your witness Lord
In all I say and do.
Let there be less of me
And more of You.

5 comments:

Lelia Chealey said...

I read your comment you left on Lysa's blog about feeling blue & you don't know why & how your decorations are still in the boxes. If you knew that Jesus was making an in person visit this Saturday to your home, how would you prepare for Him? Sometimes we just need to see only Him & just like you said in your post we need Him to lift us up so we can see His face. I loved your last line of let there be less of me & more of you. Decorate your home as if you're King is coming to stay with you this weekend. Decorate like you've never decorated before. When we invite, He comes so extend your invitation to Him & prepare for Him.I hope this helps. I've been there before, not being able to pinpoint my blues, but when I give it all to Him & get steadfast on only Him, wow what a difference. I'll be praying for you.
Your blog sister in Christ from Nebraska~
Lelia Chealey

Sisterlisa said...

Jodie, this is the third message God has sent to my heart about less of me and more of Him. Thank you!!!

Jodie Wolfe said...

Lelia,
Thank you for your comment. It touched my heart!
Digging For Pearls

MrsProverbs31 said...

I love your poem. It is great to know how creative our God is: We all write, but have different styles and touch people in different ways. How awsome!

By the way, I lived in PA for 7 years. Loved it.

Anne said...

I am going back over your old entries and really enjoy your poems. They are very inspiring! I hope to find more in the past posts and in your future posts.

Maybe consider 'label'-ing your poems so they can be easily found. I really love them.