"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house." Matthew 5:14-15

"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it." Matthew 13:45-46

Saturday, December 8, 2007

Snowmen, A Bank, and Jesus

Three fat snowmen stood guard in front of a bank
My son spied it on our way home that day.
"Why do you think they are there?" he asked.
Our minds created several stories right away.

Perhaps they were robbing the bank he surmised.
Or maybe they were the lookouts for the robbers inside.
They were not allowing people in or out.
We guessed the bank personnel were quite surprised.

We laughed at the stories we had developed.
My son said, "This is something to blog about."
I explained that I try to write about Jesus,
And try to be an encouragement to those who read.

I could not figure how this topic could pertain.
But then I remembered how the snowmen stood about.
They were on watch with a special purpose.
No one was allowed in or out.

Then I thought about my beloved Jesus
Who stands guard at the door of my heart.
I pray He helps me to keep evil out,
And that my life is radiant for Him.

Who would have thought that a bank
And snowmen would remind me of Jesus' love.
I guess it is a lesson that we all can learn.
Jesus can use anything to teach us of Him.

This poem is lovingly dedicated to my son.

1 comment:

Sisterlisa said...

That was very sweet. Thanks for sharing Jodie.