"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house." Matthew 5:14-15

"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it." Matthew 13:45-46

Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Fine Tuned Ministry

As this year quickly comes to a close, I already have turned my thoughts toward 2008. I have begun praying about how I can be a better steward of my time, and better witness for the Lord. I realize that there are many activities that I can involve myself in doing. But I have been feeling that God is calling me to do some fine tuning with my ministry next year.

I first had to seek out what area of ministry that God desires for me to participate. I read somewhere this week I think, that our time is often not spent working on the things that are our ministry. Our time can easily be wasted. I feel the need to be more specific with the time that I do have. As I prayed about where God wants me to serve, three main areas stood out in my mind.
1. My family.
2. Encouraging women to have a deeper relationship with Jesus.
3. My writing.

I pray that I will be more intentional when it comes to these three areas. I find that I will need to say no to some activities that are good, so I can focus on what is best. I pray that in all I do, I will exemplify God.

What about you? What areas do you feel God is calling you to do in 2008?

2 comments:

Sisterlisa said...

Reading my Bible more than once next year. I have read it through with the "Read your Bible in One year" schedule. But I want to attempt to read it twice.

The Buntens said...

Oh, I can so relate to this post! I often pray that God would allow me to balance all that He has called me to do with ministry and my family. Also, that if I am not balancing it in a way that is glorifying to Him and often it is not, that He would show me that. Sometimes, I just have to let go of something, like TV watching. It has been great, though. I am able to read more and write more so that I can grow in my relationship with Him. And it has not been that hard to miss all those shows I thought I could not live without!