"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house." Matthew 5:14-15

"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it." Matthew 13:45-46

Saturday, December 15, 2007

The Quest for the Perfect Tree

This afternoon found our family traveling to a local tree farm, riding a tractor, and tromping through the fields in the search for a 'perfect tree.' We each had our own ideas about which would look the best in our living room. After a good twenty minutes of searching we came up with one that we all agreed was the 'one'.

As we rode back home I enjoyed just breathing in the pine scent. I couldn't help thinking about a song by Ray Boltz called "The Perfect Tree." The words of the chorus kept running through my mind.

The perfect tree
Grew very long ago
And it was not decked with silver
Or with ornaments of gold
But hanging from its branches
Was a gift for you and me
Jesus laid His life down
On the perfect tree

So this evening as we decorate the tree with lights, ornaments and tinsel, I will be reminded of Jesus and how He gave His life for me on the perfect tree.

2 comments:

Sisterlisa said...

I hadn't heard that song yet, I hope to hear it soon. Thanks for sharing with us Jodie.

MJ said...

Thank-you for that.

-Mj