"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house." Matthew 5:14-15

"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it." Matthew 13:45-46

Wednesday, February 24, 2016

Welcome Joi Copeland

Welcome to 'Love of Story' Wednesday where we sit down with an author and learn a little more about them and their writing life.

Today, our guest is Joi Copeland. How did you develop a 'love of story'? 

I developed a love of story by reading. Over time, I’ve read many fantastic stories which caused me to desire to write.

So many authors have a tie to love of reading and writing. :) Tell us a little about yourself. 

I’ve been married for 16 ½ years to my very best friend. We have three boys, 11, 12, and 14. About two years ago, we were called to go to the mission field as church planters in Ireland and we are raising support to do that. We plan to be in Ireland by the end of August, 2016. 

That's cool. Sounds exciting to be moving to Ireland. What is the genre you write in? 

I write in Christian Women’s Fiction, mostly romance.


Where do you get ideas? 

I get ideas through life. Life is filled with ups and downs, twists and turns, joys and sorrows. To find an idea on what to write about isn’t difficult. It’s bringing that story to life that takes time.

Well said. :) What is one thing you hope readers will take away from your story?

One thing I hope readers will take away from my stories is hope. There is always hope even in the midst of deep sadness. It's true we don't see that hope right away, and that's normal and ok. But at the end of it all, I hope readers will find hope.


Thanks for the reminder. :) What do you plan to work on next? 

I’m finishing up Camden’s story. He is an extension of Christmas Rayne. I had a lot of people ask me what is going to happen with Camden since he was such a great guy.  


I'm guessing this book is part of a series then. :) What is the farthest place from home that you've traveled? 

The farthest place from home I’ve traveled is Ireland.  

That makes sense since you plan to move to Ireland. One final question. Is there something about you most people wouldn't know?

I was born with two thumbs on my right hand. My parents had the little one removed, but I have a bump/scar that is a reminder of my abnormality. That actually fits well with my personality since I am a bit abnormal. :)

LOL. I think we all have a bit of abnormality within us. That's what makes us unique. :)
Thanks for stopping by today, Joi.
Don't forget to leave a comment for your chance to be entered into the mystery giveaway for February. You won't want to miss it. :) Next week DeAnna Dodson will be joining us.

No comments: