"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house." Matthew 5:14-15

"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it." Matthew 13:45-46

Friday, October 9, 2015

Where Does Your Help Come From?

I lift my eyes toward the mountains.
Where will my help come from?
My help comes from the Lord,
the Maker of heaven and earth.
Psalm 121:1-2 (HCSB)

Every morning I walk I think of these verses. I live in the valley, between two mountain ranges. Most days I can see the mountains clearly. Even when clouds shroud the landscape, I know the mountains are there.

I take rest in knowing my help comes from God. The other morning as I walked, I was weighted down by discouragement, disappointment and hurts from the day before. While I prayed and walked the Lord showed me I don't have to live in the past, but each day I can look to Him for help and peace. Only when I focus on Him is my heart changed.

I love my times with the Lord each morning. It's only in Him I find true rest and help. Seek Him out today. He's waiting for you.

No comments: