"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house." Matthew 5:14-15

"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it." Matthew 13:45-46

Monday, October 26, 2015

Let Your Light Shine

For your unfailing love is higher than the heavens.
    Your faithfulness reaches to the clouds.
Be exalted, O God, above the highest heavens.
    May your glory shine over all the earth.
Psalm 108:4-5 (NLT)
 
I've developed a new habit of walking each morning after I finish my Bible reading. If I'm up early enough, I get to witness the sun beginning to come over the horizon. I love the first light of the morning. The sky has an indescribable beauty of its own.
 
As I walk, I'm in awe of the Creator and the beauty He paints each day. I love when the air is brisk and the sun is shining its bright beams on me. It provides warmth and a special glow.
 
I can't help but think we should be the same way to those we come in contact with - showing God's light to those around us. They should feel the warmth and glory of His 'shining' through us. Not because of us but because of Him.
 
Let your light shine today!

No comments: