"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house." Matthew 5:14-15

"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it." Matthew 13:45-46

Friday, October 23, 2015

A New Step

I took a step of faith this past Saturday. I spoke at a women's event at my church. Now for most people it wouldn't be a big deal. I happen to be one of those writers who enjoys being at home, sitting at my computer and writing.... not speaking in public.

You could say I was shoved into stepping in a new direction. The woman who asked didn't exactly give me the opportunity to say 'no'. It was a combination book swap and me talking about what it's like to be an author.

The women enjoyed asking questions about the writing process and how I plan out a novel. I shared a couple pages of the new book I'm working on which is set in my home town.

While I was a little bit nervous, the Lord supplied the words and strength to speak. I know this is the first step of many to get me where God wants me to be for publication.

It touched my heart on Sunday morning to hear some of the women still buzzing with excitement from the day before. I love the way God provides encouragement when we choose to step out in faith and trust Him with the rest.

No comments: