"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house." Matthew 5:14-15

"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it." Matthew 13:45-46

Friday, August 29, 2014

When You Pass Through the Waters....

“Do not fear, for I have redeemed you;
    I have summoned you by name; you are mine.
When you pass through the waters,
    I will be with you;
and when you pass through the rivers,
    they will not sweep over you.
When you walk through the fire,
    you will not be burned;
    the flames will not set you ablaze.

Isaiah 43:1b-2 

Last week my husband and I traveled to Norfolk to see our Navy son off as he deployed for six months at sea. While my husband was driving, we experienced a horrendous storm. We had heard on the radio that the storm was creating strong wind gusts, golf-ball sized hail, and torrential rain. It wasn't long before we were experiencing the brunt of the storm, minus the hail.

Cars were pulled to the side and visibility was almost nonexistent. We both were praying as he drove. It continued to pour for a very long time. I couldn't help but recall this verse as we made our way through the waters. It made me think of how often in life we are faced with hard, difficult circumstances. But we always have the assurance that He is with us. He doesn't wait on the side until we get through the problem, He's there with us, each step along the way. I don't know about you, but this gives me tremendous comfort.

Are you going through storms in your life right now? How can I pray for you? 

No comments: