"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house." Matthew 5:14-15

"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it." Matthew 13:45-46

Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Waiting....

I read this in my Bible reading this morning:

"Whether it was two day, a month, or longer, the Israelites camped and did not set out as long as the cloud stayed over the tabernacle. But when it was lifted, they set out. They camped at the LORD's command, and they set out at the LORD's command. They carried out the LORD's requirement according to His command through Moses."
Numbers 9: 22-23

I couldn't help but think about how impatient our society has become. Sadly, I too fall into this category at times. Okay, maybe it's a little more often than I'd like.

We all have things we are looking forward to, or things we are hoping for and don't see anything happen. We stress, fret, and cry out to God for Him to move the barriers that are before us.... and all we hear is silence.

No answer in sight.

And sometimes we wonder whether God is there. Does He care what we are going through?

I take assurance that He is always there. That He is with me in the 'waiting time'. I know I can trust Him to bring about good even in the midst of storms.

I don't know about you, but I've been through a lot of 'storms' lately. I choose to rest in Him - to wait for the rainbow after the rain.

How about you? What storms are you facing in your life? How can I be praying for you?

No comments: