"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house." Matthew 5:14-15

"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it." Matthew 13:45-46

Friday, August 8, 2014

What Activity Do You Love Most?

There is a time for everything,
    and a season for every activity under the heavens:

Ecclesiastes 3:1

I like this verse in scripture. We have the assurance that we don't need to rush about our days but instead we can rest in the knowledge that God will give us what we need for each moment we face.

I don't know about you, but sometimes I get stressed out by the amount of 'to do' things I have on my list for the day. It can seem overwhelming at times. I should stop and remind myself that God has a plan for everything I face.

The verse says "every activity under the heavens." What activity do you love doing? What gives you the most pleasure when you are doing it?

For me -- it's writing. I love breathing life into characters, throwing them into a stressful situation, and seeing how they react to it. I often don't know in advance how they will respond. I think that's what makes writing fun for me. That, and I feel God's pleasure as I'm writing and doing the activity He has called me to do.

So what activity gives you pleasure? 

No comments: