"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house." Matthew 5:14-15

"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it." Matthew 13:45-46

Friday, August 22, 2014

Head Out the Window - Embracing Life

I was running an errand this morning and saw a sight that made me chuckle. I passed a car that had a beautiful, white, husky dog. He was standing on two legs, with the other two on the side of the door, supporting him while he thrust his head out the window. It almost looked like he had a grin on his face as the wind blew across his fur.

It made me think... how often do I have my head out the window? Okay, not literally. But how open am I to fully embracing life and the good things God has in store for me? Sadly at times, I'm probably more like an ostrich with my head in the sand.

I think it's time I did a little more embracing life. How about you?

No comments: