"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house." Matthew 5:14-15

"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it." Matthew 13:45-46

Friday, September 20, 2013

I is for Indianapolis - Blog Hop Friday

It's blog hop Friday again and I decided on I for Indianapolis since I just returned from the American Christian Writer (ACFW) Conference which was held in Indianapolis this year. It took me a while to get there after lightning struck the air traffic control tower in Baltimore, MD just minutes after I arrived at the airport. All their equipment was knocked out. Needless to say, no planes were coming or leaving for many hours after that. I praise God that He gave me a peace throughout that day and on into the wee hours when I finally arrived eight hours after I was scheduled to touch down in Indianapolis.

New to the conference this year was a genre dinner. I had spent a couple weeks feverishly sewing my 19th century dress. Here is the result.




In this next shot I'm with two wonderful women. On the left is my dear, sweet critique partner, Crystal Barnes, and beside her is my great roommate and personal editor, Joy Avery Melville.


This next shot is me with my agent, Linda Glaz of Hartline.

This final shot is taken from the final Gala Dinner when awards are given out to pre-published and published authors. This photo was taken of our table. From left to right is Terri Wangard, Joy Avery Melville, me, Crystal Barnes, and George Mano who flew all the way to IN from Japan. It was a night of fun and laughter.

12 comments:

Tom Threadgill said...

Very cool dress! Wish I could have gone this year. Hoping to go next year in St. Louis. Thanks for posting!

Jodie Wolfe said...

Thanks, Tom. Hope you can make it next year. There were a nice amount of guys there this year. :)

Patty Wysong said...

Beautiful outfit, Jodie! I didn't know that you know Joy! She's WONderful!! Love that lady! =]

Jodie Wolfe said...

You'll have to tell me sometime how you met Joy, Patty. You're right, she's a wonderful lady.

Karla Akins said...

It was so awesome meeting you and putting a face to your blog! Can't wait to read all your work. And I"m so happy to have met your critique partners Crystal and Joy, too!

Jodie Wolfe said...

It was wonderful to meet you too, Karla. What a sweet blessing for me to be able to go to the conference this year.

J'nell Ciesielski said...

Only wish I could have been there because I'd love to meet all of our people. Looks like you had a great time, especially dressing genre!

Jodie Wolfe said...

Thanks, J'nell. I had a wonderful time. God used it in so many ways.

Patty Wysong said...

Joy took a blog class I taught. We had a lot of fun. =]

Barbara Lynn Culler said...

A genre dinner sounds so awesome! Sounds like you had a great time and made some great memories.

journeystojoy.net said...

What a whirlwind - weekend. SO So glad we were room-mates and what a super things we saw God doing around us, girl.
LOVED that I got to share the experience with you this year!

ST LOUIS HERE WE COME!

journeystojoy.net said...

Okay - Patty is pretty special - she actually taught me to blog - if ANYONE CAN DO THAT they have to be pretty special - she even lived to tell about it.
LOVE HER TO PIECES - didn't know you knew her.

FOR ROOM MATES I CAN'T ASK FOR ANYONE BETTER - WHAT A TREASURE I HAD IN YOU, JODIE - God knows who to put together when we leave the choice up to him - PRAISING HIM FOR YOU!

ST LOUIS HERE WE COME - 2014 - Already praying. ':)