"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house." Matthew 5:14-15

"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it." Matthew 13:45-46

Monday, January 4, 2010

True Blue

"Perfume and incense bring joy to the heart, and the pleasantness of one's friend springs from his earnest counsel." Proverbs 27:9

I have been thinking this afternoon about the blessing of friendship. Friends come in many different ways. Sometimes they are just a short relationship due to time shared, distances, etc. But then there are some that are steadfast no matter what. I know for many years now my husband has been that for me. Not only is he the love of my life, but he also is my best friend. He knows how to make me smile, or when I need to talk or could just use a hug. I know that his love for me is unconditional and I also know that it will always be there for me.

My other 'best bud' is a dear friend that no longer lives close by to me. We still stay in contact each week as we tell each other about what is going on in our lives. We also try and make a point as well to lift each other up in prayer while we are on the phone each week. There have been many times when we have shared our burdens and tears together. We have grown closer because of our prayer times together. I know that she too loves me unconditionally and that I can trust her. So today I find myself incredibly thankful for my 'true blue' friends - ones that stick by no matter what. So thank you honey and Penny! :)

No comments: