I thought of these different things as I was lying on an examining table this morning to have an echo cardiogram of my heart. Through modern technology this machine was able to see the inner workings of my heart. If there happens to be a problem, a doctor will diagnose it and let me know what to do to get my heart in better shape.
But how is the condition of your heart? Not your physical heart, but your spiritual heart? Only God knows what we think and feel within our hearts. He knows what secrets we keep that others do not see. Perhaps today you could use a 'heart' checkup. Here are some questions to ask yourself.
- Am I regularly spending time with the Lord?
- Am I reading His Word each day?
- Do I have any un-confessed sin?
- Is there someone that I need to forgive?
- Am I allowing the world creep into my heart?
- Do I have regular fellowship with other Christians?
- Am I reaching out to others?