"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house." Matthew 5:14-15

"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it." Matthew 13:45-46

Sunday, January 3, 2010

Choose

I have been thinking a lot lately about the choices we make. It is so easy to get caught up in worrying or fretting over situations that we face - things that we have no control of and can not change. I was reminded recently of various times through this past year when God lead me through situations where all I could do is trust in Him. Times where all you can do is lift open arms to the Lord and release all of my plans and trust that He will take care of the rest - especially since He knows what is best for me.

So today I choose to stand with open arms and say, "It's yours Lord. I know I can trust you. Only you know what is best. Today I choose to serve you Lord."

Perhaps you too need to make this choice today.

No comments: