"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house." Matthew 5:14-15

"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it." Matthew 13:45-46

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas...

....All right, it isn't yet, but soon I will be dragging those Christmas boxes out of the attic and starting to decorate for Christmas. Due to a lot of things going on in our lives lately, I often have found myself discouraged. This year I decided to decorate for Christmas a little earlier than normal, to help remind me of the joy of the season.

This afternoon you will find me starting on a box or two and starting to decorate our house for the holiday. We usually don't pull them out until the weekend after Thanksgiving, but this year we will be in Kentucky at the Answers in Genesis' Creation Museum. So I figured it would be fun to have all of the decorating completed before we even leave. That way I will return home to a house already decorated and ready for the Christmas season.

What special things do you do to get ready for Christmas? How and when do you start decorating? Perhaps the next month will be dedicated to drawing our hearts to the Lord during this season. Let me know your thoughts....

1 comment:

On Purpose said...

Dear Heavenly Father hold this marriage so tightly in Your amazing arms that they know they are protected by a God who cares about each detail!Amen