"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house." Matthew 5:14-15

"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it." Matthew 13:45-46

Thursday, November 27, 2008

A Heart That Praises

Luke 2:13-14 "Suddenly a great company of the heavenly host appeared with the angel, praising God and saying, "Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace to men on whom his favor rests."

As we celebrate Thanksgiving today our thoughts turn towards the things and people in our life that we are grateful for, especially during this past year. Each day often has troubles of its own. The challenge is to look for ways to praise God.

Today's Our Daily Bread reading by David McCasland said the following statement: "True thankfulness is more than being grateful for what we possess. It's an attitude that permeates our relationships with the Lord so that we may serve Him with gladness and joy."

I love that word 'permeate'. The dictionary defines it as "to pass into or through every part of; to penetrate through the pores, interstices, etc., of." I want to be so saturated in my Heavenly Father's love that it just oozes out of me - that others see His love in my eyes and hear His praise on my lips - no matter what I face.

I know that I can trust Him that whatever happens in my life has been hand filtered by the Lord. He knows what is best for me. Even though I face discouraging times I know that He is trustworthy.

The birth of our Savior began with the angels giving praise to God. We need to follow this example, especially as we are in the midst of a season that tends to be very 'busy'.

ACTIVITY
Spend a few minutes each day giving God praise for what He has done in your life.

PRAYER
I praise you Lord for the gift of your son. I praise you for the many blessings you bestow on me daily. I praise you in the good times as well as the bad. May I live a life that gives praise, glory and honor to you. Amen.

No comments: