"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house." Matthew 5:14-15

"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it." Matthew 13:45-46

Friday, December 18, 2015

Uncontainable Joy - Advent Series

How joyful is the man
the Lord will never charge with sin!
Romans 4:8 (HCSB)
 
 When I think about uncontainable joy I think of a puppy - full of cheer, squirming uncontrollably with excitement and love for their master. There's a chocolate lab puppy that I see from time to time that lives in our neighborhood. Whenever I see him, he's full of joy.

I can't help but feel that's the way we are supposed to be, especially those who have Christ in their hearts. Christmas is a great time to celebrate all Christ has done for us. He has taken our sins away and provides the only way for us to go to heaven.
 
I've been thinking a lot about joy lately. To be honest, it's been a bit elusive. But my prayer is that even in the tough times I will choose to seek joy. Each time I see the chocolate lab puppy, I'll think about my need to be joyful no matter what circumstances I face.

What brings you joy this Christmas season?
 

No comments: