"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house." Matthew 5:14-15

"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it." Matthew 13:45-46

Monday, December 7, 2015

Peace - Advent Series

For a child will be born for us,
a son will be given to us,
and the government will be on His shoulders.
He will be named
Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God,
Eternal Father, Prince of Peace.
Isaiah 9:6 (HCSB)

And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
Philippians 4:7 (KJB)

The theme for the second week of Advent is the word peace. I find it a little ironic in a way. By this time of year, many are caught up in the busyness of the season and aren't experiencing much peace in their lives. I know for myself, it also has been a struggle.

Things occur, that tend for us to lose our sense of peace in the midst of our situations. Perhaps we can't see a light at the end of the tunnel. Instead all we see is a train rushing straight toward us at high speed. We are overwhelmed, weighed down and heavy burdened.
 

I was reminded over the weekend that Jesus first came into this world as the Prince of Peace. I love that it didn't stop there. He went on to offer that same peace to us. All we have to do is ask Him. I don't know about you, but I sure need His peace in my life.

My prayer for you is that you will experience His peace and presence in a very special way this Advent season.

No comments: