"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house." Matthew 5:14-15

"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it." Matthew 13:45-46

Monday, December 28, 2015

Cleaning House

Turn Your face away from my sins
and blot out all my guilt.
God, create a clean heart for me
and renew a steadfast[b] spirit within me.
Do not banish me from Your presence
or take Your Holy Spirit from me.
Psalm 51:9-11 (HCSB)

M
 I love this photo of a dirty mop. I think it's the perfect example of how we need to clean out all the 'dirt' from this past year.

Perhaps you've been hanging on to bitterness, disappointments, hurts, worry.... the list could go on and on of all the things you've gone through in 2015. I can relate. I've experienced quite a number of things and in fact, I'm still going through some really stressful situations. I admit to some days wanting to stay in bed, pull the covers up and drift away in slumber.

Instead I'm asking the Lord to sweep out all the cobwebs of sins and hurts that have collected and do a thorough cleaning of my heart. I want to start the New Year with a fresh start. Actually I desire that for each day. I'm asking God to create a clean heart within me and renew His Spirit in me.

How are you preparing for the New Year?

No comments: