"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house." Matthew 5:14-15

"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it." Matthew 13:45-46

Monday, August 10, 2015

Live Life to the Full

Photo Courtesy of Pixabay
Good friend, don’t forget all I’ve taught you;
    take to heart my commands.
They’ll help you live a long, long time,
    a long life lived full and well.

Proverbs 3:1-2 (The Message)

Yesterday I went along with my husband for his follow-up at a doctor's office. We had fun joking around with the nurse who works there. She is always perky and fires off quips right and left. Whenever we have her we find ourselves leaving the building laughing, lighter heart and encouraged.

When the appointment came to a close we had one more opportunity to speak with the nurse. She commented that she believes "in living life to the full." She says she is happier and has more fun that way.

Her words struck me. As a Christian, am I living my life with arms spread wide open like in the photo, desiring to live a full life? Or do I trudge through my days, feeling overwhelmed, discouraged, and beaten down by the weights of the world?

I don't know about you, but I want to live a full life... one without regrets. One where I step out and do the things God calls me to do. I refuse to give in to the fears that threaten, and instead want to stand with head held high, arms wide open, embracing the life God gives me.

Thanks for stopping by today, especially if this is the first time to visit, welcome. :) Have a great day.

No comments: