"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house." Matthew 5:14-15

"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it." Matthew 13:45-46

Friday, August 7, 2015

Do Not Worry

Can any of you add a cubit to his height by worrying? If then you’re not able to do even a little thing, why worry about the rest?

“Consider how the wildflowers grow: They don’t labor or spin thread. Yet I tell you, not even Solomon in all his splendor was adorned like one of these! Luke 12: 25-27 (HCSB)

 
In just a few days I will be undergoing some major surgery. To be honest, it makes me a little nervous. I've had minor surgery in the past - two shoulders and a trigger finger release, but this one is a bit more extensive. I must admit.... it's hard not to worry about it.

But... Matthew 6:25 says "Do not worry about your life." It doesn't say, "When you worry..." or "If you worry...." Instead it says, DO NOT WORRY. In other words, no ifs, ands or buts. :)

So instead of worrying, I'm choosing to pray for God's peace and will... no matter the outcome. I'm comforted in knowing I have a Savior who loves me and won't allow anything into my life that hasn't first been sifted through His hands.

What are you struggling with today? How can I be praying for you?
 
 

No comments: