"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house." Matthew 5:14-15

"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it." Matthew 13:45-46

Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Immersed in History

I've stepped back in time today. I know this isn't a great photo, but it shows my town from years ago. I actually have a list of businesses and townspeople from 1878, and I'm charting them on a map of my own making.

The more I chart the town, the more I can see my character walking past each of the businesses. Once I finish this, I'll be able to finalize my characters too... at least to some degree. :)

This book has taken a lot of detailed research to make sure I get things accurate. I'm getting excited as I get one step closer to actually beginning the writing process. Hopefully within a day or two I'll actually be able to start the novel.

For now.... you'll find me immersed in history.

No comments: