"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house." Matthew 5:14-15

"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it." Matthew 13:45-46

Monday, February 24, 2014

A Little Bit of Spice

Last night I browned chicken breasts in the frying pan. I was making chicken fried rice - a box mix. :) As the chicken cooked, it smelled good. But it wasn't until I added just a little bit of spice that a wonderful aroma emanated from the pan.

It made me wonder, how many times do I go through life, just browning in the pan? What would happen if each day I invited the Holy Spirit to add that spice to me and my witness? Is it evident in my life that I've been spending time with the Lord? How am I doing with examining my life to see areas where I need to be changed?

Tenderized meat isn't good until it is beaten and the fibers are broken. How often do I allow the Lord to work in me, ridding the parts that don't edify Him?

When's the last time God poured on a little bit of spice on you?

No comments: