"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house." Matthew 5:14-15

"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it." Matthew 13:45-46

Friday, August 9, 2013

C is for Christ - Blog Hop Friday

A to Z blog hop at Patterings.
For a child will be born for us,
a son will be given to us,
and the government will be on His shoulders.
He will be named
Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God,
Eternal Father, Prince of Peace.
The dominion will be vast,
and its prosperity will never end.
He will reign on the throne of David
and over his kingdom,
to establish and sustain it
with justice and righteousness from now on and forever.

Isaiah 9:6-7


It's blog hop Friday. Welcome!

C is for Christ. He is the reason that I live. If it wasn't for His death on the cross for my sins, I wouldn't have hope for my future. He is the most important thing in this life.

I'm a believer and follower of Christ. I desire to faithfully serve Him and be a witness for Him. It's why I write - it's my way of spreading the word about Him and His abundant love for us.

If you were asked today, "Who do you serve?" what would be your answer?

10 comments:

Tom Threadgill said...

Can't read those verses without wanting to shout. So much authority, hope, and promise! Thanks for posting!

Jodie Wolfe said...

Thanks for stopping by, Tom.

I agree, such powerful verses!

Susan said...

:) Beautiful post! He is my everything!!

Dora Hiers said...

The King of Kings!

Great to meet you, Digging for Pearls. :-)

Jodie Wolfe said...

I appreciate you taking time to 'visit' Susan and Dora. :)

Many blessings to both of you.

Karla Akins said...

I serve Jesus and He alone is my King!

Jodie Wolfe said...

Thanks for visiting, Karla. :)

Patty Wysong said...

That's one of my favorite passages in the Bible. I love to sit and savor them every time I hear them. =]

Nancy K. Sullivan said...

The best possible "C" word. Thanks for the sharper focus today! God Bless.

Jodie Wolfe said...

Patty and Nancy, welcome! :) Hope you stop back again.