"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house." Matthew 5:14-15

"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it." Matthew 13:45-46

Friday, September 28, 2012

To the Ends of the Earth

 He said to them: “It is not for you to know the times or dates the Father has set by his own authority. But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.” Acts 1:7-8

This scripture was used in a recent Our Daily Bread devotion. It may have even been this morning, I can't remember for sure. But as I read it, I was struck by it. With the advent of our current technology, we are able to reach the ends of the earth with the things we write.
 
I'm particularly aware of this with writing a blog. I can check the stats on my account. It's been amazing to see where I get hits. People from all over the world, in various countries, and also places in the United States, towns, cities, and out lying areas. Somehow they each have stumbled upon my blog, and the words that I have written. My prayer is for my words to somehow touch hearts, not because of me, but because of my Heavenly Father. He is my reason for existence.

Thank you for chosing to read the words I write. May they be a blessing to you, and help you on your journey of growing closer to the Lord.

No comments: