"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house." Matthew 5:14-15

"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it." Matthew 13:45-46

Friday, September 14, 2012

The God of All Comfort

Praise be to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of compassion and the God of all comfort, who comforts us in all our troubles, so that we can comfort those in any trouble with the comfort we ourselves have received from God. For just as the sufferings of Christ flow over into our lives, so also through Christ our comfort overflows. 
2 Corinthians 1:3-5

Do you ever have days where everything seems to be hitting you all at once? Today has been one of those times for me. I know a lot of it has to do with the pain I'm experiencing from a pesky kidney stone that has lodged in my body and refused to move. Today it's been a week since it first began. Then add on raging hormones and not being able to do a whole lot, makes for a day of feeling blue.

But even in the midst of my struggles God provided His comfort. A friend called who has also undergone kidney stones and let me know she is praying. Two other friends emailed to let me know they too are praying. I praise God who comforts us when we most need it. I pray He uses me to comfort others as well. Perhaps we need to live each day looking for someone who needs to hear and experience God's comfort, and make an effort to share it. 

What do you think? Who can you comfort today?

No comments: