"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house." Matthew 5:14-15

"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it." Matthew 13:45-46

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Getting to Know You

I had the pleasure of going out for lunch today with two sisters. It was quite experience for me to see these two in action. Although they both are very different from each other, they have a common bond that draws them together. As we rode in the car, it tickled me to hear them finishing each other's sentences. I've never experienced something like this, since I grew up with two older brothers.

They shared that when they were younger they were as different as night and day, but now it's clear to see they are best friends. They still have their different personalities, but share a closeness they didn't have in childhood. In some ways it reminded me of the marriage relationship. The longer I've been married to my husband, the more we think alike. I know how he'll respond in a certain situation.

One of my favorite old movies, is My Fair Lady. I especially think of the song about 'Getting to Know You.' The more we get to know Christ, the more we desire to be like Him.

No comments: