"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house." Matthew 5:14-15

"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it." Matthew 13:45-46

Thursday, January 20, 2011

Bring On The Snow

  “Come now, let us settle the matter,”
   says the LORD.
“Though your sins are like scarlet,
   they shall be as white as snow;
though they are red as crimson,
   they shall be like wool. 
Isaiah 1:18

Cleanse me with hyssop, and I will be clean;
   wash me, and I will be whiter than snow. 
Psalm 51:7
The forecast this evening is calling for three to four inches of snow. Personally I wish it was more like 12-24 inches, but I'm grateful for any snow that covers the ground. Most people think I'm crazy because of my love of this frozen precipitation. For me, whenever I see snowfall, I am reminded of these verses in scripture. I think of Jesus being the sacrificial lamb, who chose to take on my sins and die in my place. He takes all of the ugliness in my life and makes it as white as snow. Snow is a joyful reminder of God's love for me.

No comments: