"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house." Matthew 5:14-15

"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it." Matthew 13:45-46

Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Weeds

Dandelions Free Photo
Yesterday I went for a walk in my neighborhood. I couldn't help but notice all the weeds that had cropped up in my neighbors' yards. Okay mine too. :) Especially dandelions.

I remember years ago when my boys were little and they would go out and pick 'flowers' for me. This year there are a plethora of the yellow flowers gracing my yard. As I looked around I also noticed ones in the yard next to us. Our prior neighbor had a company that came weekly to spray and treat their yard. It worked for a long time... until they moved somewhere else.

The new neighbors didn't have a lawn service and within a short amount of time, weeds spread through what had been a beautiful green lawn. It's what weeds tend to do - creep in and take over when you least expect them.

Now I doubt you have as many physical weeds in your life but there is a good chance you might have some spiritual ones. Attitudes that slip in, times where you don't respond the way you should - any time when you choose your own way instead of following God.

Perhaps its time to apply the fertilizer, and allow your life to become weed free. What do you need to do to yank out the weeds in your life?

No comments: