"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house." Matthew 5:14-15

"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it." Matthew 13:45-46

Monday, April 28, 2014

White Space

This past month my calendar pages has been full with appointments, meetings, etc. It seems that whenever I have such a full day, I find myself often dragging, and my husband would probably say I'm more grouchy too. :)

I'm slowly learning the importance of having white space not only on my calendar, but in my life too. Somehow when I look at my schedule for the week and see several days where I don't have any appointments or have to go anywhere, I feel as if I'm sucking in a breath of fresh air.

Just as I need white space in my weekly activities, I also require white space each day - a time where I can withdraw from the world and spend time in the presence of God. He is the one that renews my strength.

Even youths grow tired and weary,
    and young men stumble and fall;
 but those who hope in the Lord
    will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
    they will run and not grow weary,
    they will walk and not be faint.

Isaiah 40:30-31

When's the last time you built some white space into your calendar? Perhaps it's time to make a change.

No comments: