"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house." Matthew 5:14-15

"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it." Matthew 13:45-46

Thursday, November 28, 2013

Waiting

Waiting....waiting...waiting for Emmanuel to appear
Always believing the Savior will soon be here.

These were the words to one of songs, in one of the many Christmas cantatas I've participated in over the years.

Many years passed between the Old Testament and the New Testament.

Many years of waiting for the promised Messiah to come to earth.

Years with no word from the Lord.

As you think about and anticipate the Christmas season, what are you waiting for?


It’s a Holly Jolly Blog Hop <!-- end LinkyTools script –>

8 comments:

Karla Akins said...

I am waiting waiting waiting for Messiah to return! I long for that day as never before. But I know there is much work to be done!

Jodie Wolfe said...

Amen, Karla. Some days make me long for heaven more and more. :)

Pamela S Thibodeaux said...

Haven't really thought about what I'm waiting on....lot's of dreams to come to fruition!

I've added your post to my board on Pinterest...

http://www.pinterest.com/pamelasthibodea/2013-holly-jolly-christmas-blog-hop/

Jodie Wolfe said...

Thanks for the extra promotion, Pamela.

I can relate on waiting for dreams to come to fruition. :)

anne said...

Our little family of three's all together this year for the first Christmas ever, so that's what I've been waiting for. Last year at this time our baby and I were waiting for my husband to come home from a year long deployment.

Jodie Wolfe said...

How wonderful that you will be all together this Christmas, Joe Joe. I'll be praying it's an extra special time.

Kathleen Rouser said...

I look forward to when the Messiah comes back too. And for miracles of healing in special relationships--healing only He can provide.

Jodie Wolfe said...

We too are waiting for the Messiah's return, Kathy.