"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house." Matthew 5:14-15

"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it." Matthew 13:45-46

Friday, October 25, 2013

N is for November - Blog Hop Friday

A to Z blog hop at Patterings.
Welcome to Blog Hop Friday. And yes, I know technically we still have another week until November starts but unfortunately we'll be on a different letter of the alphabet by then. :)

As October soon fades away, often our hearts and minds turn toward the upcoming holidays. We may feel rushed or stressed as we think of all that we'll need to accomplish over the next eight weeks. (Yesterday it was exactly eight weeks until Christmas.)

I encourage each of us, myself included, to take time to rest and think about the reasons why we celebrate Thanksgiving and Christmas. This year I plan to be more intentional with the activities that surround these holidays.

What special things do you do to prepare for the holidays?

4 comments:

Joanne Sher said...

Putting up the tree is a favorite here - and getting out the snow stuff (not quite as much of a favorite, but still up there LOL).

Enjoy your November! (and the rest of your October, for that matter!)

Barbara Lynn Culler said...

Personally, I don't plan for the holidays as I'm single so just go with the flow. I do enjoy the lights, sounds and smells of Christmas.

Pegg Thomas said...

Thanksgiving is my favorite. I love to decorate for Thanksgiving and I refuse to think about Christmas until Thanksgiving is over. Even then, Hubs does more of the Christmas decorating than I do. I do like making Christmas cards though.

Karla Akins said...

Thanksgiving is my FAVORITE holiday. I decorate the living and dining rooms and kitchen with pilgrims, pumpkins, turkeys, leaves, native American figurines and more. I have always loved Thanksgiving!