"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house." Matthew 5:14-15

"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it." Matthew 13:45-46

Thursday, March 8, 2012

No More Procrastinating

I started a new practice recently. I don't know why, but I often (used to) wait to the last minute to get things accomplished. Which is a puzzlement, since I don't like stress or feeling pressured. Perhaps it's old patterns from years ago, when I was in college and had so many projects to get done at one time. I don't know. But I've started working ahead with things. I have a homeschool article due on April 1st, and I already have books out from the library, researching my topic. I even have a few ideas for the article.

I have a writing lesson due next week and I just finished it this evening. I worked on each item, a little bit each day, and guess what I discovered? I'm not stressed, and find more pleasure working on the various assignments, when I'm not down to the wire. Who knew that was possible? Ha! Ha! I know, not rocket science here! :)

I've applied this truth to various areas of my life and am finding myself much more relaxed, and less stressed. I'm finding pleasure in getting things accomplished, regularly crossing off things on my 'to do' list, and much more at peace. I realize I have a long way to go in being organized, but I figure at least I'm making small steps toward that goal. Someday I'll be so much closer! I guess you can teach an old dog new tricks! :)

No comments: