"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house." Matthew 5:14-15

"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it." Matthew 13:45-46

Monday, October 31, 2011

Snow and Paint

Cleanse me with hyssop, and I will be clean;
   wash me, and I will be whiter than snow.
Psalm 51:7

My friend and I spent the past week or so working on painting my oldest son's former bedroom. Before we started painting, the walls were filled with scuffs, blemishes and spackling patches. The walls were in pretty sad shape. But all it took was a coat of primer to cover all those blemishes and make the wall sparkling new again. As we painted that day, adding color to the walls after the primer dried, I was reminded again of how Christ washes our sins away when we give them to Him.

Then this past weekend when we had 10-12 inches of fresh snowfall, this image again came to mind. I'm so thankful for a God who forgives us, turning our sinful hearts into ones washed cleaned.

1 comment:

Carla Gade said...

Great analogy, Jodie! Actually, both. The snow always reminds me of God's grace as well.