"You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house." Matthew 5:14-15

"Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant looking for fine pearls. When he found one of great value, he went away and sold everything he had and bought it." Matthew 13:45-46

Monday, October 17, 2011

A New Start

Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me. Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus. Philippians 3:12-14

I realize it's been quite a while since I've regularly posted on my blog. This fall has been a blur for me. Things have been exceptionally busy with being my son's senior year of homeschooling. Then throw in there finalizing editing my novel, dealing with laser procedures on my eyes, working on preparing a bedroom for cleaning, painting, and turned into a different use, a mini-vacation to the Poconos and the struggle of an ongoing stomach virus, and you have the formula for what the past two months have looked like. I'm thankful for each new day and how we can forget what is behind and strain toward what is ahead. This is where I am right now - straining toward what is ahead. I think it has a nice ring. No pressure from the past, but instead the chance to start fresh and new.

At times it's tempting to look back and lament at missed opportunities, etc. But for now I'm thankful for the chance to have my gaze forward, anticipating what God has in store around the corner.

No comments: